- 6-8 Boneless skinless chicken brests or one whole chicken
- 1 whole onion diced
- 3 shredded carrots
- 3 chopped pieces of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup (I used Annie gluten free ketchup)
- 1 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1 TBS fresh ground pepper
- 1 TBS garlic salt
- 2 TBS sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 tps red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp potato starch or potato flour or arrowroot
- 1/3 cup water
- Rice Optional
- sesame seeds
- 4 scallions chopped
In your crock pot pour the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, sesame seed oil, and red pepper flakes. Whisk together.
Season the chicken with the garlic salt and pepper and place in the crock pot.
Add in the onions, carrots, and celery.
Turn the crock pot onto high and cook for 4-6 hrs.
Begin cooking the rice 20 minutes before your ready to serve dinner.
Once the chicken is cooked take it out of the crock pot and place aside. Mix the water and potato starch together pour into the crock pot and let it cook together for about 10 minutes. While the mixture is cooking in the crock pot shred the chicken.
Add back in the chicken and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Place rice on each plate, then add the honey chicken mixer and a little sauce on top of the rice. Sprinkle the whole thing with sesame seed and scallions and enjoy! This meal also pairs nicely with a carrot and celery mixed green salad.