Lasagna makes a great family meal, when you have guest over, or to make a few days work of lunches. This yummy recipe is gluten free, dairy free (cow dairy that is), and soy free! Its delicious! Enjoy
1 box of gluten free lasagna noodles
2 cups of Buckwheat hot cereal
1 block of Goat Cheese shredded
1/2 pound of ground beef
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
3 sprig of fresh rosemary
8 fresh Basil leaves
3 Sprigs of Oregano
1/4 of a red onion
1 jar of marinara sauce (or any red sauce that you like)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
Some olive oil for serious things
8 or so mushroom (optional)
10 or so fresh spinach leaves (optional)
The Prep Work:
- Per-heat your oven to 350 F
- 2. Fill a large stock pot with water add in about 2 Tbs of olive oil, place it on the stove on high and bring to a boil.
- Dice all your herbs and put them in a small bowl adding the fennel seeds, garlic powders, and half the salt. Also dice your garlic and onion and put aside in a small bowl.
- Wash your mushrooms and spinach and set aside.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets with oil you will need them later.
- Grate the whole block of cheese and place in a bowl and set aside
Now we are ready to start cooking. You will be making 3 parts all at the same time so make sure you have all the prep items done so you wont burn anything.
- In an medium sauce pan begin to cook your buckwheat hot cereal according to the package.
- If your water is boiling add the whole box of noodles to it one at a time slowly making sure that they get fully submerge. They may be to tall and will need to soak a bit until one end is soft and you can bend them slightly to full submerge them. If the water is not boiling yet do step 3 and come back to step 2
- Using a medium skillet ad about 1 Tbs of olive oil to the pan, your onions and garlic, the rest of the salt and pepper. Cook on high for a few minutes.
- Check on and continue to stir the buckwheat hot cereal.
- In a separate skillet start the ground beef and mix well.
- Check on the Noodles. You want them al dente (means a little under cooked, center still firm but not crunchy). If they are done take them out one at a time and place them on the greases baking sheet to cool.
- Stir the buckwheat cereal. If it is done add 1/2 the fresh herb mixture to it and stir and add in 3/4 the shredded goat cheese, and turn the burner off.
- Mix in the remaining fresh herb mixture to the ground beef. Cook completely.
- If your noodles, cheese sauce, and meat are done now you can begin the layering process. In a square baking dish add some (about a 1/4 cup or so) of your choice of red sauce to the bottom of the pan, then add 3 noodles slightly overlapping each other. The noodles may stick over the sides of the pan and that is fine. Next add some of the cheese sauce mixture, meat, then veggies. Repeat in this same order until you get to the top layer (sauce, noodles, cheese mixture, and veggies).
- On the top layer add sauce and the remaining shredded goat cheese.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack with a baking sheet on the rack below it (to catch any over flow juices) and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until everything is nice and hot and golden brown.
- Take out of the oven let cool for 20 minutes cut and serve!
This lasagna pairs well with homemade garlic bread and a nice fresh salad!